Aidpage is a
support network.
Ask for help
Offer help
Sign up now
Talking about:
401 posts
564,477 visits

sl or soulight , (my page for single moms)

show starting post by soulight
Show newest posts...
a MOMin need   in reply to momineed
can we talk
Talk to a MOMin need
Hi my name is Jacqueline. I just received a 1,000 utility bill because of a water leak that I didn't know about . KUB will set up payments but they are to high and I can't even affords that . Can someone help me? The community services say they don't have money . So Please can someone help?
Talk to lizawood
hi I am pregnant and need housing for a month or a motel room for at least five days &nights or longer ,and some money to eat meals on, or food ,and furniture, water & electric bill deposit, maternity clothes, household items, baby items or anything and if you can help in any way I would be grateful and thankful for any assistance.
Talk to singergirl
Prayers are needed for my family.....4 left in family....3 very sick...I pray everyday for them.
Talk to cindycathie
woman in a shoe   in reply to lennyd
The person u posted to not been on here in years. But call 211 give city state tell them what u need help with have pen and paper when u call or u can type need help with bills city state if u don't see it under city state but county state good luck
Talk to woman in a shoe
I am a single mother with three children one with severe asthma problems and my electric bill is due and I don't have any money, how can I get help?
Talk to lennyd
Do you know of any organizations in Tennessee that would donate a vehicle to me?
Talk to bobbidoll
I recently moved and had to pay a lot of money to move into a new place and just need assistance getting back on track with all my bills. My power will be off on Tuesday because I owe a deposit I can not pay. Rent is also due on Tuesday and i do not get paid prior to then. what to do . I also have two chipped teeth in the front of my mouth annd work in social services, how embarrasing
Talk to Mel1019
Moonlight 123   in reply to soulight
Hi Soullight--- you can call me Moonlight 123... I am new on here. You can pray for me and my brother. After Mom passed, it has been difficult on us. We, ttogether, paid for Mom's funeral & it has been a struggle on me as well as him and his family since. They live next door to me. We are up against some regular bills, but, unusual, we have gotten behind and needs God's Help. Please pray. Thank you.--- Moonlight 123
Talk to Moonlight 123
I'm having trouble at work, I'm getting old and the younger co-workers are getting the good jobs. I feel like an old tractor. Please pray that age is wisdom and not forgotten but respected.
Talk to hopefloat
i have been unable to find work in walking distance, and to go even further i would need another car, the my sister works at is extremly flexible and you never know they are working until 3 hrs before start time.
which gives one other option work at home jobs but nothing happing, i applied to several but the only ones that call back want a start up fee, cant aford it as i have no money,
can you help, i am in need of money, or a good work at home job.
Talk to wolfbone
woman in a shoe   in reply to ReDonQlus
They have give me places to call before for help the place I call did help me. If this one don't work out let me know I got one more way to look for help. Talk to u later
Talk to woman in a shoe
ReDonQlus   in reply to Pamanne
Having been a sub-contractor does not disqualify a person from unemployment. There must be some other factors involved in their decision to not pay unemployment benefits.
Talk to ReDonQlus
ReDonQlus   in reply to woman in a shoe
Thanks. It's nice to know that anyone is listening. I came across this in a websearch. I just typed help. :-) I will call that number and see if there's anything available for me. I fear there won't be. My online searching has shown that as a single, caucasian, non-disabled, 41 year old man, I'm eligible for less than just about anyone else. It's disappointing that things such as race and gender still count in those statistics. So much for equality.
Talk to ReDonQlus
woman in a shoe   in reply to ReDonQlus
The person u posted to hasn't been on here in years
Talk to woman in a shoe
woman in a shoe   in reply to ReDonQlus
For rent gas light water food and more call 211 give city state tell them what u need help with they will give u a list of places to call good luck
Talk to woman in a shoe
sweet-T   in reply to ReDonQlus
Wow....i thought i had a bad deal but u....i pray something happen in ur favor real soon....mean while keep yo head up n dont give up.
Talk to sweet-T
I was working full time for a general contractor up until February of this year. I traded in my small car which would have been paid off by the end of this year for a more appropriate crossover SUV which would allow me to haul materials and tools to and from job sites in September 2013. I secured an apartment closer to my work area to save on fuel costs and travel time. That lease started in November 2013. The end of October I became very sick and had to spend 2 weeks in the hospital. I'm still following up with doctors to try to figure out what caused my illness. I feel fine now, but the damage has been done. I worked hard trying to get my credit into a decent place, and now I have creditors sending letters and calling and I can't afford to give them anything. Since losing my full time income, I have been taking odd jobs and working a part-time, seasonal position to stay afloat, but I am slowly sinking. I know things will change and I'll find a decent full time position, but I feel so overwhelmed and full of despair that sometimes it doesn't even feel like it's worth the effort. I just want to be even. I don't want anything more than I need, and I'm willing to work for it, I'm just afraid that I'm falling so far behind that it's going to take the rest of my life to get ahead again. I know there are people who have it worse than I do. I wish I was in a position to help others, but I seem to be having trouble just taking care of myself. Can you help?
Talk to ReDonQlus
I am a mom whose husband is in jail and will not be coming home anytime soon. Before he went to jail he finally found work. I am now looking for work and cannot recieve unemployment as my husband was a sub contractor. My bills total 918.00 and on top of that my rent is due by the 5 th. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Talk to Pamanne
The Christmas Cat   in reply to Bookcase
My mother took hers at 62 but she wishes she would have waited now since she also gets a small income.but you can't starve either, so do what you got to do now to survive. Maybe a part time door greater job or home babysitting or online work. If you have a pension or work savings take that first before social security. Also if you were ever married or divorced you can apply for his social security income amount if he made more than you.. it would be worth it to look into it..

Try some of my help work links ect.
good luck
For all States
If any of these links do not work for you let me know so I can fix it for you and the next person . Thank you..


Catholic charities org
Requests for Assistance: 1.866.649.5862 | Toll-Free 


U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
451 7th Street S.W., Washington, DC 20410
Telephone: (202) 708-1112 TTY: (202) 708-1455
Find the address of the HUD office near you

Need Help Paying Bills, Debt, and Mortgage


(for veterans)


Apply for any free prescription cards you can find online that includes your prescribed drug..Also look into the manufacture of that drug to see if it has a co-pay card that you are eligible for that includes drugs that your doctor administers to you for cancer ect...Also Walgreens has a great perscription plan look into it..
This will help with your medications.

Walmart has 3 types of diabetic insulin which you can puchase if you know what you need without a prescription it's called reliOn brand or slow or fast acting Novolin N and R for 24.99 a bottle. My husband uses it it's not as good as some but if you test your sugar a lot you can use it well without problems,,Just call and ask your local Walmart about what they carry at that price in insulin

Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) | Office of ...
Administration for Children...
The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) helps keep families safe and healthy through initiatives that assist families with energy costs.


Work at home Computer Jobs

Online survey jobs that pay you


Post your home care job on here Dog sitter, Nannie Ect.
Great Job site with reviews

Sell online
Sell free online crafts photos ect

Worldwide Clinical Trials Earn up to $2,300
Free and Charitable Clinics 
Community Health Centers 
Rural Health Clinics 
Community Behavioral Health Clinics 

Charitable Clinics
1800 Diagonal Road, Suite 600
Alexandria, VA 22314

U.S. Medical Assistance Program
88 Hamilton Avenue 
Stamford, CT 06902
Tel: +1 203.658.9690
FAX: +1 203.406.4429

Free Dental care


Low cost eyewear
I bought 4 pairs here they were nice but you must have a eye prescription and know
Your peripheral vision measurements(center of your eye)



Saving money on car gasoline

Free ISP Database - Find Free Internet Access Service Providers Instantly 

If you are on a low or limited income, you may qualify you for assistance in replacing or repairing furnaces and refrigerators. The Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) is designed to assist limited income families with reducing their energy usage by providing installation of energy conserving measures, as well as offering furnace cleaning and tuning. 
WAP eligibility is based on Energy Assistant Program guidelines. WAP is funded by the United States Department of Energy and is administered through the state by the Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD).
Call your local energy assistance office for further information and a referral


Worldwide Clinical Trials Earn up to $2,300

Getting paid for for Disability or support care

If you were in a 2013 house fire and had no fire insurance make sure you fill out a special form you can apply to your yearly tax statement for losses due to fire it can make your taxes less and you don't have to pay in so much and will probably get a couple hundred back call your tax repairers office and ask about this and what forms you need

U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
451 7th Street S.W., Washington, DC 20410
Telephone: (202) 708-1112 TTY: (202) 708-1455

Foreclosure Avoidance Counseling 
(888) 995-HOPE (4673) - FREE foreclosure prevention counseling on the phone 

temporary mortgage assistance for unemployed or underemployed homeowners

HUD-approved housing counseling agencies - local agencies that provide FREE foreclosure avoidance counseling
Talk to The Christmas Cat